High School Campus
It is the responsibility of the students and their parents to see that an appearance of good grooming is maintained during school hours. Parents are expected to maintain uniforms in good repair (this includes repair of holes in sweaters, replacements of buttons, care of shoes, and removal of marks on clothing, etc.).
GENERAL REGULATIONS FOR ALL
*All students are required to wear the navy blue sweater or sweater vest with the SJN logo from November 1 through April 1.
The cardigan school sweater and vest and girls skirt must be purchased through Flynn & O’Hara
Navy blue sweater or vest
Khaki pants which fit and are worn with a belt at the natural waist! Only the following brands are permitted : Flynn & O’Hara , “Dockers” & “St. John’s Bay” (J.C. Penney)
Buttoned white oxford shirt (short or long sleeves are permitted). Only plain white t-shirts permitted under oxford shirt.
Flynn & O’Hara uniform tie
Navy, tan or white socks
Loafer or casual style dress shoes. Please Note - NO SNEAKERS, BOOTS OR HIGH TOP STYLE OR WORK STYLE PERMITTED!
Navy blue sweater or vest
Flynn & O’Hara black watch plaid kilt, not to be worn above the knee
Buttoned white oxford shirt/blouse (short or long sleeves are permitted).
Navy knee high socks or navy tights (no print or designer markings on socks)
Loafer, casual style dress shoes (No sandals, open-back clogs, heels higher than 1 ½ inch) - NO SNEAKERS OR HIGH TOP STYLE SHOES PERMITTED!
* No hats are to be worn by any student in the building at any time.
* From the beginning of school to 11/1 and from 4/1 thru the end of school all sweaters are optional. Shirts or blouses may be worn with one button unbuttoned. Navy blue SJNRA embroidered polo shirts may be worn.
* The required gym uniform consists of modest maroon gym shorts and SJNRA tee shirt, gym socks, sneakers. (No inappropriate wording or logos are allowed). Gym wear is available for purchase at the High School Campus.
* No hemp / rope necklaces will be permitted.
* Kilt length test - Kilt should touch the floor when student is kneeling.
* Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
The following applies to all school days (both uniform & dress down).
- Boys must be clean shaven and well groomed.
- Hair must be no longer than the top of the collar.
- Extreme hairstyles / colors will not be permitted.
|Extreme is defined as :
- Hair touching the collar
- Sideburns lower than earlobe
- Bangs so long they hang in eyebrows
- Bangs which cover eyebrows when hair is brushed forward
- * Shaved or partially shaved heads
- No unusual hair colors are permitted
- No visible tattoos are allowed
- No earrings
- No visible piercings
- No extreme hairstyles / colors
- * No excessive jewelry
- No use of excessive/extreme cosmetics, only one earring in each ear.
- * No unusual hair colors are permitted.
- No visible tattoos are allowed.
- No visible body piercings.
The administration reserves the right to make the final decision on all excessive grooming.
PERMISSION NOT TO WEAR the school uniform for a particular day will be granted only by an administrator upon receiving a parental or teacher request in writing.
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOL SPIRIT DRESS DAYS & DRESS DOWN DAYS
The reputation of St. John Neumann Regional Academy will be enhanced by the institution of a code to govern dress on “School Spirit” and “Dress Down “ Days. Only SJNRA T-shirts/ sweatshirts (spirit attire are permitted, along with the khaki uniform pants or blue jeans on “School Spirit” Days. While the purpose of the “Dress Down Days” are to allow students periodic relief from uniforms, coupled with an opportunity to dress in an informal manner, propriety suggests limiting the choices of clothing by prohibiting :
- Any form of clothing which refers to or promotes drugs, alcohol, profanity, immodesty or racial, ethnic or sexual discrimination.
- Any form of dress which fails to promote a high form of Catholic modesty.
- Hats of any type, oversize clothing, “mid-drifts”, halter tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, shorts, pajamas or pajama “style” attire and wallet chains.
The school uniforms are provided by:
(click logo to visit website now)
10905 Dutton Rd., Philadelphia, PA 19154